The DAMQG meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise noted. Due to Covid-19, meetings are being held on Zoom. See our Facebook and Instagram for more information. Guests are welcome; there may be a charge if we are having a speaker.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Feb 2 – Meeting – Tour of the MQG Website
- Feb 18-22 – QUILTCON 2021 – QuiltCon Together
- Mar 2 – Speaker -Jen Kingwell
- Mar 19-21 – Retreat at Creative Passions
- April 6-Speaker-Krista Hennebury
- May 4 – Speaker-Tammy Silvers
Mark those calendars! Heather Givans of Crimson Tate is headed to metro Detroit for a weekend of quilting creativity and inspiration! Join us June 16 and June 17 for an evening lecture and trunk show, followed up by a Saturday workshop.
Known for her charming illustrations and designs, Heather is the owner of Crimson Tate in Indianapolis and is a designer for Windham Fabrics.
In this workshop Heather will be teaching students how to make her “Letters From Home” quilt. If you’re looking to turn favorite fabrics into adorable envelopes, this snail mail pattern is for you!
The workshop runs from 10 am until 4 pm Saturday, June 17 at Clawson United Methodist Church. A sewing machine, basic sewing and quilting supplies, your selected fabrics, are to be brought to class. The pattern and template will be available for purchase as well.
A break for lunch is included; bring your own packed lunch or take a walk and visit one of the many great restaurants downtown Clawson has to offer.
DAMQG Members: $70
Register for Heather’s “Letters From Home” workshop here.
Learn more about Heather’s whimsical work and newest fabric lines as she presents “Finding Your Unique Voice: Artistry in Quilting” from 7-9 pm Friday, June 16. In the fast-evolving tapestry of the modern quilt movement, how do you define your aesthetic? What’s your point of view? Hear Heather describe her adventure from artist to teacher to maker to fabric designer. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll be inspired.
Lecture & Trunk Show Costs:
DAMQG Members: Free
Register for Heather’s lecture and trunk show here.
Welcome to spring and our April meeting! Join us today at 6:30 pm for our monthly meeting. Don’t forget:
- March charity blocks
- Payment for the Apron class, if you haven’t already
- If you participated in a Row by Row challenge in the past, bring it for show and tell
- If you went to the March quilting retreat at Creative Passions, bring the bags from the swap and any other projects you worked on for show and tell