As a reminder, our next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 1 at 6:30 p.m. at Northbrook Presbyterian.
- Show and tell
- Nametag for the Nametag swap – if you signed up in September
- Answer to our Question of the month: Are you motivated by deadlines and projects or the love of quilting?
- Birthday swap item (if you haven’t already submitted to the box)
- Items for the Build the Bank table
For our education portion, Rebekah will demonstrate how you can download quilting (and other) magazines from your local library.
Those DAM Girls had another wonderful meeting tonight.
We had one guest to attend our meeting, Haley from the Ann Arbor Modern Guild.
12 of the DAM Girls are participating in the Tulsa, OK Modern Quilt Guild. We are swapping pillows and our swap partners were passed out today. The next steps is for everyone to create Mosaic Inspiration Boards on Instagram so that your partner knows what style you like. Our swap projects are due the end of August.
We welcomed 17 members and 6 guest at our April DAMQG meeting. Thanks again to Guildcrafters for hosting our meetings each month.
This is a quick summary of the business. Members have received meeting minutes with details on these items:
- Amanda O welcomed baby Henry on Easter! We can’t wait to meet him!
- We have two swaps going: charm pack exchange is due at our next meeting, and the name tag swap is due in June. We will also have a swap with the OKC MGQ later this summer.
- Our next Sew-In will be Saturday, April 25th from 11:00-4:00 at Guildcrafters.
- Sit and Stitch group will meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month, starting April 21st, from 6:00 to 8:00. We are meeting at Panera Bread on Telegraph between I-696 and 12 Mile (west side).
- Bra pillows are due at the next meeting.
- If you ordered a binding tool demoed by Sue at the retreat, they are still on order.
Donna T shared her favorite old and new quilting books. Her longtime favorite is Denyse Schmidt’s Quilts, and she’s currently enjoying Allison Glass’ Applique.