Spring has sprung!
Minutes from the April meeting as well as our Spring Charity Quilt Project can be found below. As always, we welcome new members and enjoy sharing our time and sewing treasures with one another.
letsquiltsomething Spring Charity Quilt Project
We’re off to a great start this year!
We welcome new members and have many events planned for the year. Hope to see seasoned members next month and as always, we welcome those interested in sewing at our monthly meetings.
Please use the link below to review the February 2018 Minutes.
February 6, 2018 DAM Meeting Minutes
The link below will take you to the January 2018 Minutes.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, February 6.
Also, please remit your 2018 DAMQG dues.
January 2018 DAM Minutes (1)
Call to Order and Welcome to Visitors & New Members (6:34 pm)
- 23 members in attendance, 2 guests
- Approval of October minutes
- Motion set by Pam, seconded by Ashley
- New-member welcomes
- Web/Social Media Team: Sue
- Workshops/Lectures/Education: Nancy, Donna
- October 2017 Amanda Jean recap – great feedback from those involved, location for event was a favorite
- January 27, 2018: DAMQG Member Colleen Merte will teach her Pink Grapefruit quilt pattern (class is full, waitlist only)
- March 10: Color Girl Quilts Trunk Show and Lecture
- Group to decide on quilt pattern
- March 23-25/18 DAMQG retreat at newly opened Creative Passions Retreat Center
- Fall 2018
- September 2018: Annabel Wrigley – Creativebug doodling
- 11/2-11/4/2018: DAMQG Creative Passions Retreat (at new retreat center)
- Looking ahead to 2019: Patterns by Annie opportunity (January)
- AQS 2018 Guild Challenge Update: All submissions must be completed and brought to February 2018 DAMQG guild meeting
- 2017 Holiday Party Update and Gift Swap Sign-Up
- Holiday party is December 5 at Sila’s in Berkley
- Pin cushion swap announced
DAMQG 2018 Election Results
- President: Lish D.
- VP of Communications: Amanda O.
- Secretary: Caroline K.
- Treasurer: Jenny K.
- Modern Quilt Guild Update (community.themodernquiltguild.com)
- MQG Town Hall Dec. 11 at 2 pm
- QuiltCon 2018 submissions open now through Nov. 30
- Upcoming webinars
- December 15: Tutorial Webinar: Effortless Appliqué with Shelagh Jessop
- Quilt Pattern of the Month
- “San Francisco Bustle” by Michelle Wilkie
- Block of the Month
- “Branch” by Amanda Hancock
Snack and Chat Break
Demos & How-To Features
- Special Guest and Fabric Pop-Up with Sara Gallegos, host of “Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting”
- Crazy Mom Quilts Show and Tell
- All-Member Show and Tell
- Check out:
- Quilts Illustrated Tool Tote
- Annie’s A Place for Everything Bag
October 3, 2017 DAMQG General Meeting Minutes
24 members in attendance plus 1 guest
Meeting was called to order at approximately 6:35pm.
Approval of September Minutes
Ashley motioned to approve the minutes and Jenny seconded.
- Amanda Jean Nyberg, Crazy Mom Quilts
- No Scrap Left Behind
- October 27: Lecture and Trunk Show @ Garden City Schoolcraft campus
- October 28: Class
- Other Local Events:
- 10/12 – Great Lakes Heritage Quilt Guild hosting Bill Kerr Lecture at 7PM
- 10/18 – Cameo Quilt Guild @ Clawson Methodist Church hosting Beth Donaldson Quilting in the 30’s Lecture at 7PM
- 10/27-10/28 – Capital City Quilt Guild in Lansing hosting quilt show at Summit Sports
- January 27, 2018: DAMQG Member Colleen Merte will teach her Pink Grapefruit quilt pattern
- March 2018:
- Color Girl Quilts Trunk Show/Lecture and Workshop
- 3/23-3/25/18 Creative Passions Retreat @ new retreat center
- Fall 2018:
- September 2018: Annabel Wrigly – Creativebug doodling
- 11/2-11/4/2018 Creative Passions Retreat @ new retreat center
- Great Lakes Heritage Quilt Guild
- Some classes for 2018 still open
- Rebecca is leading the AQS Quilt Guild Challenge for next year
- “WHEELS” is our inspiration
- Material Girls Quilt shop still open
- Hurricane charity sewing update
- 2017 Holiday Party Update
- December 5th at 6:30pm at Silas (Greenfield & 12mi)
- Lucky Spool Lending Library for Quilt Guild Media
- DAMQG 2018 Elections
- Nominations open
- Review board roles and election process
- All 5 Board positions will be open along with committee positions
- MQG updates
- #MQGSewDay is the 3rd Sunday every month
- QuiltCon 2018 submissions now open through November 30th
- MQG Board/Council updates
- Upcoming webinars
- October 18: Color Wheel Basics for Quilters with Erika Mulvenna
- October 31: Quilts of India with Shruti Dandekar
- November 8: How Do I Quilt It? With Christa Watson
- MQG Mini Swap sign-ups now open
- SNACK & CHAT break
- Fall Retreat Show and Tell
- Special Guest: Janice Harris of Urban Sew (online only quilt shop)
- Charity Block assignment – Disappearing 4 patch
Breaking News during Snack & Chat: Quilter’s Planner sale – Board will buy so orders will get discounted price plus mini planner for total of $35. Members to pay at November meeting. Members noted on sign in sheet if they wanted to order a planner.
DAMQG Financial Spotlight
Reminders for Next Meeting – November 7 at 6:30pm
Meeting adjourned at approximately 9:05pm.
Minutes provided by Kimberly Vallance 2017 DAMQG Secretary
Join the Detroit Area Modern Quilt Guild for a trunk show and lecture with quilter and author Amanda Jean Nyberg of Crazy Mom Quilts. Amanda will present her latest book, No Scrap Left Behind. Learn about her quilting journey, her creative process, and see a sampling of her amazing quilts in person. There will be time for questions along with the chance to have copies of Amanda’s books signed. Refreshments will be served.
Admission to the trunk show is FREE to DAMQG members.
Non-members: $10 fee for guests, payable in cash at the door; pre-registration is requested.
Amanda Jean Nyberg Trunk Show & Lecture with the DAMQG
Friday, October 27
Schoolcraft College (Room 320 – parking in campus south lot)
Garden City, MI 48135