Please use the link below to view the June minutes.
July 28-29 we will be the at The Henry Ford Museum – Maker Faire- Detroit, exhibiting quilts from our guild at the Henry Ford Museum. Please use the link below for more information.
Maker Faire® Detroit – Events – The Henry Ford – Henry Ford Museum
Our next meeting will be August 7th.
June 2018 DAMQG Minutes
We continue to welcome new members and have exciting events scheduled for the remaining portion of the year. Please clink on the link below for the latest information.
Spring has sprung!
Minutes from the April meeting as well as our Spring Charity Quilt Project can be found below. As always, we welcome new members and enjoy sharing our time and sewing treasures with one another.
letsquiltsomething Spring Charity Quilt Project
We’re off to a great start this year!
We welcome new members and have many events planned for the year. Hope to see seasoned members next month and as always, we welcome those interested in sewing at our monthly meetings.
Please use the link below to review the February 2018 Minutes.
February 6, 2018 DAM Meeting Minutes
The link below will take you to the January 2018 Minutes.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, February 6.
Also, please remit your 2018 DAMQG dues.
January 2018 DAM Minutes (1)
Call to Order and Welcome to Visitors & New Members (6:34 pm)
- 23 members in attendance, 2 guests
- Approval of October minutes
- Motion set by Pam, seconded by Ashley
- New-member welcomes
- Web/Social Media Team: Sue
- Workshops/Lectures/Education: Nancy, Donna
- October 2017 Amanda Jean recap – great feedback from those involved, location for event was a favorite
- January 27, 2018: DAMQG Member Colleen Merte will teach her Pink Grapefruit quilt pattern (class is full, waitlist only)
- March 10: Color Girl Quilts Trunk Show and Lecture
- Group to decide on quilt pattern
- March 23-25/18 DAMQG retreat at newly opened Creative Passions Retreat Center
- Fall 2018
- September 2018: Annabel Wrigley – Creativebug doodling
- 11/2-11/4/2018: DAMQG Creative Passions Retreat (at new retreat center)
- Looking ahead to 2019: Patterns by Annie opportunity (January)
- AQS 2018 Guild Challenge Update: All submissions must be completed and brought to February 2018 DAMQG guild meeting
- 2017 Holiday Party Update and Gift Swap Sign-Up
- Holiday party is December 5 at Sila’s in Berkley
- Pin cushion swap announced
DAMQG 2018 Election Results
- President: Lish D.
- VP of Communications: Amanda O.
- Secretary: Caroline K.
- Treasurer: Jenny K.
- Modern Quilt Guild Update (community.themodernquiltguild.com)
- MQG Town Hall Dec. 11 at 2 pm
- QuiltCon 2018 submissions open now through Nov. 30
- Upcoming webinars
- December 15: Tutorial Webinar: Effortless Appliqué with Shelagh Jessop
- Quilt Pattern of the Month
- “San Francisco Bustle” by Michelle Wilkie
- Block of the Month
- “Branch” by Amanda Hancock
Snack and Chat Break
Demos & How-To Features
- Special Guest and Fabric Pop-Up with Sara Gallegos, host of “Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting”
- Crazy Mom Quilts Show and Tell
- All-Member Show and Tell
- Check out:
- Quilts Illustrated Tool Tote
- Annie’s A Place for Everything Bag