Methodist Children’s Home Society Charity Quilts
Methodist Children’s Home Society, Redford, MI https://mchsmi.org
We are making quilts for children currently in foster care in metro Detroit.
- Quilt size-crib or lap size in fabrics appropriate for children, solids or prints.
- Add the child’s name to quilt-appliqué, embroidery or label.
- Include a bag to store/carry the quilt. We can also use members who would just like to make bags.
- Drawstring bag to hold quilt – Jeni Baker Patterns-basic pattern https://www.incolororder.com/2011/10/lined-drawstring-bag-tutorial.html
- She also sells a pattern for $9.00 that includes other sizes.
Children we need quilts for:
- Baby boy-infant
- Boy-8 years old, likes blue and red
- Baby boy-infant, baby blue
- Boy-3 years old, likes dark blue
I have created a Pinterest board with ideas and links to free patterns. https://pin.it/78KJl19
We are also looking for quilt tops or quilts that we can have in reserve. We have a long arm quilter who has volunteered to quilt for us and Fort Street Presbyterian Church is generously contributing $250.00 toward this project. We can use this for batting, supplies, etc.
Please contact Maribeth at email@example.com .