May 2, 2017 DAMQG General Meeting Minutes
19 members in attendance along with 3 guests
Meeting was called to order at approximately 6:35pm.
Approval of April Minutes
Sue motioned to approve the minutes and Joyce seconded.
Lish welcomed guests from CAMEO and Jen B. to the meeting.
May member birthdays were celebrated.
- GLHQ program for next year released with workshops open to guests starting June 1st
- 6/2 Cameo Quilt Show
- Workshops/Lectures/Education Team:
- 6/16 & 6/17 Heather Givans, Crimson Tate
- Fall teacher: Amanda Jean Nyberg, Crazy Mom Quilts
- Upcoming events:
- AQS September in Grand Rapids
- 5/16/17 Member registration
- 5/30 Non-Member registration
- 9/15-9/17 Creative Passions Retreat
- Space in the brand new building for 24 people.
- Call Laura at Creative Passions at 989-845-2159.New Business
- Education updates available online:
- Summer Sew-In – possibly in August
- Fat Quarter Swap
- Make something using the fat quarter in the bag you picked up for the person who brought that fat quarter.
- Bring your item to the July meeting to give back to the other person. (corrected to reflect the July meeting)
Gnome Angel – #100Days100Blocks 2017 Challenge
Made Studio & Market in West Bloomfield spring workshops
- MQG Updates
- Town Halls discussed – we’re in Region 3
- Upcoming Webinars – 5/31 Many Voices as One: Community QuiltsMonthly FeaturesColor Block Zipper Pouch – DAMQG Financial Spotlight
- Bring your Show and Tell to share
- Bring your fat quarter creation to reveal for the swap eventMeeting adjourned at approximately 7:50pm.
- Apron class fees were all paid on time.
Minutes provided by Kimberly Vallance 2017 DAMQG Secretary
- Reminders for Next Meeting – June 6 at 6:30pm